To nurture the arts of weaving and spinning and to stimulate further interest in these crafts COSW is offering scholarships to members who are interested in expanding their knowledge of spinning, weaving topics.
In order to support members in their exploration of spinning and weaving, the guild offers an annual scholarship of $50 – $100 for workshops and up to $150 for a Convergence / Conference.
- Applicants must be Guild members for at least one year.
- Applicants shall give written essay regarding why they want/need the scholarship.
- Recipients are not eligible to apply for another scholarship for 3 years.
- If the program for which the scholarship money was received is cancelled or if the grantee is unable to fulfill any of the scholarship’s requirements, the funds are to be returned to COSW. In the event of this occurrence, COSW will award the scholarship to the next qualified candidate.
- The recipient will present a 15 minute program at the Wednesday and Saturday guild meeting one month after the event. Objectives to include in the presentation
- What they learned from the event.
- How they plan to use the information gained at the event.
- Would they recommend the event to other guild members?
- Would they recommend the instructor to other guild members?
Download and complete one of the application forms below (Word or PDF version) then email or mail it as instructed below;